Sunday, March 25, 2012

OK, this time it's serious!

By most quilters' standards, my stash is not big. But considering how slowly I move through it, it's too big for me. So I need to get serious about paring it down and doing some destashing. I know, I've said that before, but this time I mean business! There's just too much new stuff I want. Speaking of which, you know how hard it is to find yardage of the latest Paris map fabric from Moda? I waited so long to get any it's practically sold out everywhere I looked, even on eBay and Etsy. I'm glad I found a couple of yards online, but let that be a lesson to me -- if I really know I want something, there's no point in waiting!

So that's where my renewed determination to destash comes in. I decided to try doing some precuts to sell through my little Etsy shop, and I have more in mind. In addition to the baby quilt and I Spy-friendly items shown below, I still have some Moda and FreeSpirit fat quarter bundles for sale. And there will probably be more of those to come, too. Like I said, it's time to be honest with myself about what I think I'll use vs. what I like to collect (not always the same thing)!

Flitter Flannel 12" squares

Zoo Menagerie fat 1/8s

Food & Drink novelty 6" charm squares

No comments:

Post a Comment